Almost anything we want to achieve in life can be achieved by following the 80/20 rule (or Pareto’s Prinicple). If you want to lose weight and keep it off, the easiest way to stick to your new diet and exercise regime is to focus on it for 80% of the time and allow 20% leeway for indulgence – that way, you are more likely to stick to it longer.
The same goes for wealth and success where they say your overall achievements are made from 80% of your psychological behaviour and 20% of your strategy – and therefore changing your mindset is an essential factor for achieving your goals.
With this in mind, I’ve gathered together 7 tips that follow the 80/20 rule:
- Be aware of how you look after your wallet. It’s amazing how much you can tell about a person’s attitude to money and wealth by glancing at their wallet next time you are in a supermarket or store. Our wallets are intended to carry a focused form of energy known as money. However, if you look inside many wallets, you will see all sorts of other things like invoices, photos, bills and rubbish. This sends out a message to the Universe that you consider your money to be on the same level of thought as a lolly wrapper or postage stamp. Show your money the respect it deserves. Keep plenty of notes in there and keep them flat and ordered – the more money you have and the better you look after it, the more will be attracted back to you.
- Keep at least $100 in your wallet at all times. When you see things that you like that you could buy for your $100, imagine yourself doing so without guilt. The more you spend (in your mind) without any guilty associations and still hold at least $100 in your wallet for further spending, the more you will feel you have. The feelings of having more than enough to buy whatever you want will attract more than enough money to you.
- Show gratitude for the money you have flowing through your life. Did you know that if you earn as little as $2,500 per year, you are wealthier than 85% of the world’s population? Multiply that figure by 10% and you are in the top 10% of the world’s wealthiest! So before you go spending any money that flows to you, stop and give gratitude for the fact that it has chosen to come to you – you ARE rich! If instead you whine about the fact that you don’t have enough or everything is too expensive, don’t expect that money will want to hang around you or visit you again. Never ask, ‘how can I afford this?’, say ‘how will I pay for this?’
- Keep post it notes of your goals and intentions around the house. To really attract the wealth that we want in our life quickly, we need to be focused on it at least 80% of the time. That seems like a lot of hard work to remain that focused when we all have distractions and other obligations to fulfill. But imagine how much easier that would be if we are constantly reminded and drawn back to our intentions. This is easily achieved by having little reminders dotted around everywhere that catch our attention and bring us back to our intentions. Put little sticky notes around the house: in the shower, above your mirror, in your cupboards, on your fridge etc. Create a screensaver reminder for your computer and a vision board for your office wall.
- Realise you have something special to share with the world that will reward you with money making opportunities. When you realise that there is already an abundance of money making opportunities out there and you already have the skill set, qualities, knowledge and experience to take advantage of them, you open yourself up to many more channels of wealth and money flow. Figure out what you are really good at and what you can use to your advantage to create your own opportunities if you truly cannot see any others around you. This is a key trick that rich people use all of the time – and they always take advantage of them as they arrive. They expect that those opportunities will present themselves and they are already mentally prepared to take action – rich people aren’t born lucky – they make their own luck. Keep a little notebook on hand to jot down money-making ideas and keep an open mind – nothing is too outrageous to at least explore further!
- Dress for success. Many people dream of being able to laze around all day in their track pants, t-shirt and slippers but actually taking the time to dress in something a bit smarter – that you wouldn’t mind being found in if an unexpected guest were to show up, actually helps to keep you more focused and feeling good about yourself. Feel fresh, smell good and were nice jewelry and clothes when out shopping and you’ll find that there is an automatic difference in how other people treat you as well. When you act as though you are wealthy, others assume you are so too and your whole aura attracts even more of those feel good feelings of wealth and abundance to you – and the real thing is never far behind!
- Give your wealth away! This may sound counter-intuitive but it really helps your money mindset to feel comfortable about sharing your wealth – giving back, in whatever form you find most appropriate. It can be as simple as volunteering some of your time or giving some cash to a worthy charity. The idea of giving back send a positive reinforcement that attracts more of that wealth.
These 7 tips will really help get the 80/20 psychological/strategy balance in check but I didn’t want to finish up this article without mentioning one more thing…. Do something today that makes you feel really good! When you feel good, your energy rises and when it does so, it attracts more of the things into your life that makes you feel good.
We are so caught up in things happening to us, as if we had no say in the way our lives are run. This is simply untrue and thinking this way blocks the flow of positive energy coming to you. When you generate positive energy into the world, the atoms of your world rearrange themselves to bring you more happiness and joy. Start by being grateful and enjoying the simplest things around you – the smell of fresh coffee in the morning, the way the dew holds itself in bubbles on the grass, the songs of birds getting ready to roost for the evening – anything at all.
Do it with your whole heart and your attention focused on the happiness vibrating within you.
Imagine if you knew that you never need worry about making ends meet again..and all this knowing that you are living your life’s purpose.. the very thing that you KNOW you were put on this earth to do..
Well you can with my 90 Day Wealth and Money Mastery Program I’d love to show you how you can master your wealth in a way that is truly aligned to YOUR purpose and values but please hurry, my early bird launch price closes on January 31st 2015!!
Let me know your thoughts on money consciousness in the comments below or over on the Facebook Page!